Rotating and jittering labels

I’m trying to use the holoviews “Labels” type to label some Spikes and would like to rotate the label text. I found a matching stack overflow question (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50431275/rotating-text-of-holoviews-label) but setting the xrotation option for the Labels type doesn’t have any effect. Is there a way to do it?

Also, is there any magic way to “jitter” labels so they don’t cover each other up? I’m aware of the x and y offset values, but as those values are fixed, point plot labels end up covering each other slightly offset from the points instead of on top of the points. Using the fixed offset is also very zoom un-friendly. I’m guessing it’s not supported right now, but I thought I’d ask.

1 Like

I have the same problem, and I think there is some confusion in the Stackoverflow answer mentioned: We are talking about the hv.Labels type, not about axis labels. AFAIK this relates to the Bokeh Text glyph, which can be rotated. If this option is not present (yet?) for hv.Labels, is there maybe some way to use Text glyphs in the Holoviews plot?