Add more columns to hist hovercols

For the example hist provided here Hist — hvPlot 0.8.1 documentation how do I add additional columns to hover_cols?

Tried the following but no change in the hoverdata of the plot
df.hvplot.hist(“weight”, width=600, hover_cols=[‘origin’, ‘name’])

I just need to visualize additional column values that fall in every bar of the histogram.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

I just need to visualize additional column values that fall in every bar of the histogram.

Well depending on how your data size and how it is distributed, you may end up with millions of values to display on hover! For example, imagine you plot the age distribution in a country with a histogram, and you wish to add a column surname. In a bin, let’s say 20-25 years old, you’ll have thousands and thousands of unique surnames.

Hi @maximlt, thanks for your response. I totally agree with you, it makes sense why it is designed that way.

In that case, I wonder if there is a way to plot a marginal ‘rug’ plot like this one in plotly (see below) and still be able to see the metadata in the hover for every data point in the rug plot?

Plotly figure: pls search for marginal=“rug” here Histograms in Python

I would like to show the metadata in someway along with the histogram for my use case. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any help.