Daterangeslider not working

I am from Pakistan
panel widgets.DateRangeSlider not working . Following is the code snap

Nauman Ahmad Khan @khannaum 16:30

date range values not selected and resulted to None
date_range_slider = pn.widgets.DateRangeSlider(
name='Date',
start=cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.min(), end=cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.max(),
value=(cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.min(), cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.max())
)
pn.extension()
test_new=cust_group_by_work_projected.hvplot(y='Count',x='complaint_type' ,
groupby=['RBU','complaint_type','ddate'],legend=False)
pn.panel(test_new, widgets={'ddate': date_range_slider})

help required why daterangeslider not working

ddate is None

So the issue here is that HoloViews does not understand the DateRangeSlider widget values, it is only set up to perform a simple select. Therefore we have to manually apply the range selection after we’ve constructed the object, it should go something like this. Since your example does not include the data I’ve not tested this yet:

date_range_slider = pn.widgets.DateRangeSlider(
name='Date',
start=cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.min(), end=cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.max(),
value=(cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.min(), cust_group_by_work_projected.ddate.max())
)
test_new = cust_group_by_work_projected.hvplot(x='complaint_type', y='Count', groupby=['RBU','complaint_type'], hover_cols=['ddate'], legend=False)

test_date = test_new.apply.select(ddate=date_range_slider.param.value)
hv_panel = pn.panel(test_new)
hv_panel[1][0].append(date_range_slider)
hv_panel

Basically we construct the object but do not yet group by ‘ddate’, we then use .apply.select to apply the date selection to the object and then add the date range widget to the layout returned by panel. Hope that makes some sense.

i applied the code but the result is same

You have to remove the ‘ddate’ from the groupby: groupby=['RBU','complaint_type']

Thanks it’s working

Compalints and RBU selection and date range selection perfectly working
in Notebook and panel .show option

but when i save it as html with following options
from bokeh.resources import INLINE
#hv.extension(‘bokeh’)
#panel_object = pn.pane.HoloViews(hv_panel)
hv_panel.save(‘Customer Complaints_Report55’, embed=True, resources=INLINE)

Compalints and RBU selection working but not date range selection in html

Are some JS script required in this case. Kindly guide.

Range selection won’t work when embedded because there isn’t a discrete number of states to embed. If you want it to work you will have to run a live bokeh server.