Does Template Toggle Theme work with .show()?

I am currently working with FastGridTemplate, but the toggle theme buttons have not toggled the theme for any of my projects on any template. In all cases, I have used .show() or .save(‘file.html’) to test my projects.

The toggle button switches sides and then returns to where it previously was. It is as if the template is not finding the theme to switch to so it reverts back to what it is already using and reloads the page from scratch (all of the plots and widgets reset state).

The toggle theme button works as expected when testing the .html version of the template loaded at Reactive tables — Panel 0.12.4 documentation.

I am currently using panel 0.12.1.

I am having the same problem.

import panel as pn
pn.extension()

pn.template.FastListTemplate(
    site="demo",
    title="demo",
    main=[pn.pane.Markdown("test")],
).show()

I’m using:
Chrome 120.0.6099.199 (Official Build) (arm64)
panel==1.3.6

Thanks

Hi @robbdunlap,

Try servable for the preview button to work, to have it working in own tab in browser I believe you need to have it launched from own server so I do it from command line I’ll update shortly what I do.

import panel as pn
pn.extension()

pn.template.FastListTemplate(
    site="demo",
    title="demo",
    main=[pn.pane.Markdown("test")],
).servable()

Not the only way to display an app and show it working but this is the way I do it from the documents

Launching a server on the commandline — Panel v1.3.6 (holoviz.org)

In a windows machine I’ve installed miniconda where I then create virtual environments for my projects, when I’m working I generally have two prompts open, one to run jupyter lab and the other to launch my app I’m aware of other ways but I’ve just settled for this because works nicely for myself.

I sometimes utilise the preview in jupyter lab because it’s there but generally I launch the app.