FastGrid Template Sidebar Bug

Hello, I am creating a Panel application and have noticed that I’d like to try using the FastGrid Template rather than the Material Template for my project.
There are no issues with the Material Template, just a personal decision. When making the switch to FastGrid, I noticed that any items at the end of the list that are added to the sidebar are cut off.
This not only occurs on my application, but on @Marc FastGrid app as well. If you scroll to the bottom of the sidebar you can see there are additional links but they’re offscreen. If I zoom out in my browser I can see it for a second but it fixes itself and cuts off again. Is this an issue anyone else has noticed?
https://awesome-panel.org/fast_grid_template?theme=dark
For reference, I am on a MacBook Air M1 with a 13.3 in screen.

Hi @yobae

This is what I see

Could you please share a screenshot and clearly mark the issue? Thanks.

There is a “Panel” dropdown below the “Holoviz” dropdown at the very bottom that you can only see briefly if you zoom out in your browser or if you scroll down “hard” enough so that it shows.
I have attached a screen recording below, you can see it while I scroll on the bottom left corner of the screen. The end of the scroll bar sits at the “Holoviz” dropdown.

1 Like

I thing #sidebar should have a

height: calc(100vh - 56px);

as for # main

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m not sure what you mean, how do you modify the sidebar’s height? I only see Holoviz documentation that says you can modify its width.

pn.config.raw_css.append("""
#sidebar {
  height: calc(100vh - 56px) !important;
}
"""")

But I think it should be considered as a bug and report on github

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking as well, thank you for this though. Can I modify this wherever I declare and create my template or do I have to go into the template.css to edit this?

1 Like

You can just add

pn.config.raw_css.append("""
#sidebar {
  height: calc(100vh - 56px) !important;
}
"""")

anywhere you are creating the template.

1 Like

I’ve added an issue FastGridTemplate sidebar cut of · Issue #3614 and fix fix fastgridtemplate sidebar height by MarcSkovMadsen

1 Like

Thank you for this and pointing it out as a bug