Geoviews Dataset and Trimesh

Hey,

I’m trying to work with the datasets of Geoviews and was wandering if its possible to work with a TriMesh there. Has anyone a good example for that? Or is it even possible to use them on an unstructured grid? Are there good ways to manage the data better when using a TriMesh? Thanks for any help in advance :slight_smile:

def plot(self, t = None, i = None):

if self.tris is None or self.verts is None:

x = ((np.rad2deg(self.data.clon) - 180) % 360) - 180
            y = np.rad2deg(self.data.clat)

value = self.data[self.attr][0][0]
            pts = np.stack((x, y, value)).T
            self.verts = pd.DataFrame(pts, columns=['Longitude', 'Latitude', 'value'])
            self.triangulate(self.verts)

if (t and i) == None:
            return(self.plot_())
        else:
             return(self.plot__(t,i))

def plot_(self, attr = 'pres'):

s = rasterize(hv.DynamicMap(self.f,kdims = ['time', 'idx'])).opts(colorbar=True, 
                                                                          cmap = 'cividis',
                                                                          #clim=(0, 12e3),
                                                                          alpha = 0.8, 
                                                                          width=500, 
                                                                          height=500,
                                                                          projection=ccrs.NorthPolarStereo(),
                                                                         ) * gf.coastline * gf.borders * gv.Feature(Data_vis.graticules, group='Lines')

return(s.redim.range(time=(0,len(self.data['time'])-1),idx=(0,len(self.data['height'])-1)))

currently I’m just using the animation like this, but I’d like to get more into the datasets and additionally would like to improve the calculating time for the animation :slight_smile: