Latest Jupyter Lab 3.30 Panel widget issue

Hi,

Normally once I have environment setup I don’t update unless really need to well I like keeping up with Panel, I hit a conflicting issue and started updating against the grain and did so with Jupyter lab. Long story short I think there’s an issue with Panel in this latest version. Widgets or least fileselector widget no longer displays inline on my windows machine, it has to be put into a pn.panel and then .show(). I thought might of been my installation had become corrupted ended up removing eveverything and starting fresh… same result. I’m now back to jupyterlab 3.2.8 and everything is ok again. Maybe something to do with the lab extension not sure.

1 Like

Hi @carl

Thanks for reporting. Could you provide a minimum, reproducible example and a screenshot of the problem? That would help a lot. Thanks.

Jupyter Lab 3.3.0 is not yet out, there’s only been a couple of alpha releases (jupyterlab · PyPI). How did you install it?

When I’ve got the desk open, I’ll double check but pretty sure I done this:

conda install -c conda-forge jupyterlab

The first time I would have just done an update, then i noticed not on page you posted but another PyPi page it was 3.2.8 then I thought something odd is up so I specified the version in the end

conda install -c conda-forge jupyterlab=3.2.8