Panel 0.12.0 Multipage Apps and Index Page

Panel 0.12.0 adds a really nice new INDEX PAGE when serving a multi page app.

Checkout out my youtube video for the details https://youtu.be/REN0VH7Yq04 and the Panel 0.12.0 blog post

panel-012-index-template-speed-up

3 Likes

If you think this is nice and the world should know please share on social media

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarcSkovMadsen/status/1418470351776923649?s=20
Linked In: Marc Skov Madsen, PhD, CFA on LinkedIn: #datascience #machinelearning #Python

It looks awesome and i love it.
Are there any reasons why the background image is not configurable?
Your gallery index on awesome-panel allows custom images and icons for each card, is there a plan to integrate that for panel too?

1 Like

Hi @Stubatiger

I’ve tried to get something supported in Panel c.f. FastGalleryTemplate · Pull Request #2320. But I have not yet been able to make something that @philippjfr would approve :slight_smile:.

I think its important and @nghenzi and @Arifin have also been asking about this.

For now you can do what I do here awesome_list.py. You can either use the awesome-panel-extensions package directly or carve out the files in that package and include them in your own code.

I have been thinking about carving the GalleryTemplate and a few other things out into a panel-site package that makes it easier to create a site of applications similar to awesome-panel.org.

You can also join the discussion

1 Like

+1 here

Customizable gallery template would indeed be… Awesome!
Header
Footer
App icon / size
etc.

1 Like

On the back of this. How is it possible that the CSS elements on the default gallery page can’t be changed via:

css = """
"""
pn.extensions(raw_css=[css])
1 Like

Hi @danmaty

If you need that functionality please make a Feature Request on Github.

Hi @Marc

Thank you as I’ve managed to make the changes that I needed based on posts from you and @philippjfr in another thread using the --index … method, but will make a request regardless.

Also, keep up the good work! Panel is simply amazing!!!

3 Likes

Can you share how you used the index method to show thumbnails in the app gallery page please? I really would like to use it but reading the GitHub issues from @Marc , @philippjfr and @jbednar it seems like it is not a priority right now (understandably)?