Pyviz labextension

Not sure exactly where to put this, but I’m getting an error install the pyviz jupyterlab extensions:

$ jupyter labextension install @pyviz/jupyterlab_pyviz
An error occured.
ValueError: The extension "@pyviz/jupyterlab_pyviz" does not yet support the current version of JupyterLab.

Conflicting Dependencies:
JupyterLab                        Extension      Package
>=2.0.2 <2.1.0                    >=1.0.0 <2.0.0 @jupyterlab/application
>=2.0.2 <2.1.0                    >=1.0.0 <2.0.0 @jupyterlab/apputils
>=2.0.2 <2.1.0                    >=1.0.0 <2.0.0 @jupyterlab/notebook
>=2.0.1 <2.1.0                    >=1.3.0 <2.0.0 @jupyterlab/rendermime-interfaces
>=5.0.2 <5.1.0                    >=4.0.0 <5.0.0 @jupyterlab/services
See the log file for details:  /tmp/jupyterlab-debug-vel5z2kx.log
$  jupyter lab --version

You can track this issue, at this point I probably won’t release it today but I’ll make it a priority tomorrow: https://github.com/holoviz/pyviz_comms/issues/49

New release of the extension has now been published.

2 Likes

I’m having problems with the new extension in JupyterLab 2. The panel app is now rendered in a tiny real estate on the order of 20 x 50 pixels. I’d never seen that behavior before, and it wasn’t happening with Jupyterlab 2 before I updated the pyviz extension.

The app renders just fine when I launch it from the shell using panel serve.

I’ve tried it on both Firefox and Chrome, with the same results. FYI, I’m on Ubuntu.

Mind posting an example and maybe a screenshot?

Here’s what the app is supposed to look like. I took this screenshot just now using panel serve:

And here’s what’s displayed in Jupyterlab 2 after the panel statement:
PanelApp-Jupyterlab2-issue
what’s being displayed is a slice of the upper right corner widget, plus some text that I don’t know where it’s coming from.

The notebook that generates this is filled with distracting comments, but if you really want to take a peek, it’s here. Thanks!

FYI, I gave up and reverted to using JupyterLab 1.x. All is well now.

I haven’t been able to reproduce those issue but am seeing some other issues so I’ll try to investigate further.