Sidebar not rendering in Panel 1.3.4

Hi, so I was developing an app to analyze images which has been working fine for Panel 0.x - 1.2.3. Recently, I updated my environment to the latest version with all its dependencies (from 1.2.3 to 1.3.4), and the render seems to have partially broken. The sidebar region fails to render, with an error in the browser console: “Error rendering Bokeh items: TypeError: this.container is undefined”, the item being the side column.

I’m having problems locating where to get started, as I’m not too familiar with all the libraries involved. I’ve tried to remove most of the fluff and dependencies from the code to provide a (not so minimal, but easily) reproducible example, attached below.

I’d be grateful if someone could look into this. In the meanwhile, I can get by with 1.2.3 (just have to be careful when updating libraries). Thanks for providing such a cool tool.

template_test.py (6.5 KB)

This is a MRE:

import panel as pn

pn.extension("terminal")
terminal_accordion = pn.Accordion(("Terminal", pn.widgets.Terminal()))
pn.template.FastListTemplate(main=[terminal_accordion], sidebar=["test"]).servable()

I have mentioned this problem in Terminal broken. Raises lots of exceptions in browser console. · Issue #5908 · holoviz/panel · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response Hoxbro, and a correct MRE!
I’m not going to pretend that I really understand the problem, but I could at least confirm that the error disappears in my full code when the terminal is moved out of the accordion.

2 Likes