Toggle Buttons, Panel Buttons, Template Styles not rendering on my machine

Issue

So, I am developing a dashboard usingb panel and hvplot but, I was shocked to see weird looking dashboard at the end and it turns out that the buttons, background color etc. (Javascript controlled elements) are not working.

I thought it might be the browser causing the issue but, no … It doesn’t matter which browser I use; I faced the same issues on my machine.

However, when I run the same code in another machine. It worked perfectly.

So, then, I thought there should be some problem in my machine browsers. I cleared cache and all but, still the issue exists.

I am attaching the snapshots on how the dashboard look on my machine-1 (weird view) and machine-2 (expected view)

My Debug Tries

I tried several ways to debug this issue but, still no hope… The one major difference I noticed is when I “Inspect” the element in the “Console” tab.

In the Machine-2; where the dashboard looks as expected, everything is perfectly fine with no errors. However, in the Machine-1; I see the following error:

"Failed to load module script: Expected a JavaScript module script but the server responded with a MIME type of “text/plain”. Strict MIME type checking is enforced for module scripts per HTML spec."

It would be great if anyone can help me in fixing this issue on my Machine-1 and why this is happening.

Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @quantumudit

Welcome to the community.

I’ve also seen this error on 1) windows 2) older versions of Panel. See Github #4080

Could you let us know which OS and version of Panel you are use when it fails?

Please also try upgrading Panel to the latest version and then clear the cache before you reload.

Hey @Marc , Thanks for responding.
I am using Windows 10 OS and the version of Panel is: 0.14.2

However, the other system where I am getting desired view is also Windows 10 OS with same panel version. :thinking::thinking: