Using Tabulator + Bokeh HTMLTemplateFormatter to create a cell that uses another columns data as the link

Hi Legends!

Starting to play around with Panel, and im struggling to do what I think should be a fairly simple thing ?

I have a column called “Title”, and another called “url” Im trying for format the “Title” column so that it displays the original data, but is now also hyperlink to the URL from the “url” Column.

df = pd.DataFrame({
    'Title': [1, 2, 3],
    'float': [3.14, 6.28, 9.42],
    'url': ['google.com.au', 'microsoft.com', 'ibm.com'],
    'bool': [True, False, True],
    'date': [dt.date(2019, 1, 1), dt.date(2020, 1, 1), dt.date(2020, 1, 10)],
    'datetime': [dt.datetime(2019, 1, 1, 10), dt.datetime(2020, 1, 1, 12), dt.datetime(2020, 1, 10, 13)]
}, index=[1, 2, 3])

From what I understand a formatter setup like

formatters = {
    "Title": HTMLTemplateFormatter(template='<a href="<%= url %>); %>"><%= value %></a>'),
}

should work fine, but it just shows a blank panel, for some reason the JS within bokeh isnt picking up the column names from the DF

Ive tried the tabulator formatter too, and had no luck.

…and now im really stumped.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Glen

I did eventually get it working…but golly what a roundabout method…surely there has to be a better option…

def url_formatter(row):
    title = row['Title']
    url = row['url']
    return f'<a href="{url}" target="_blank" >{title}</a>'

df['Title'] = df.apply(url_formatter, axis=1)

df_html = df.to_html(escape=False)

formatters = {
    'Title': HTMLTemplateFormatter(template='<%= value %>')
}

Maybe its something im doing wrong, but for some reason the JS in HTMLTemplateFormatter / Panel / Tabulator cannot reference any of the other columns. Only the data within the cell its currently formatting.