Widget Customisation

Hi,

I’m trying to change the widget type and location from xarray.hvplot; but am getting the following error:

Any ideas?
Thanks!
PG

These will be supported as soon as HoloViews 1.13.0 has been released (hopefully some time next week).

Awesome! Looking forward to using that.

(Probably best in another issue/discussion) One thing I just noticed: is it possible to give the coastlines method something that doesn’t correspond to current coastlines? For some users (paleoclimatologists, maybe astronomers?) it might be useful to allow another coastlines=shapefile rather than just coastlines=True/False. This is probably something that needs to be addressed in geoviews, if it isn’t too far “out of the ballpark” for a request…

Overall again another big thank you to the development team :slight_smile: Using holoviz/hvplot has so far completely rearranged how I do my research and how I teach my students.

1 Like

Glad you’ve found it useful! coastlines is really just for convenience, but you can always load a shapefile into geopandas, plot that using geoviews or hvplot, and then overlay it with another plot using *. Here are example like that: for hvplot or geoviews

1 Like